Jio MNP: How To Port Your Number To Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio has been making its rounds since early September 2016. It’s Chairman, Mukesh Ambani announced the Reliance Jio Plans and Jio mnp at the latest AGM meet.
The plans include free voice calling with Jio subscriber. Voice calls were free in the Jio welcome offer package till the 31st December 2016.
Latest News: How To Become A Jio Prime Member In 5 Simple Steps
However, the same has been extended till the 31st March 2017 after which normal rates will be applied. Instead of buying a new Jio sim, follow this simple Jio mnp trick to get the best benefits of Jio 4G with less hassle.
Jio MNP: How To Port Your Mobile Number To Jio
The idea of free voice calls across all networks attracts many users to port to Jio network. Instead of standing in long queues for free Jio sim, be smart enough to use Jio mnp and port to Reliance Jio without changing your number.
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) plays the key role here. It allows the users to keep their same numbers and allows them to switch to a network of their choice.
So, if you have an Airtel or Vodafone sim, it can be port to Jio without much hassle and you can enjoy the Jio welcome offer package just like others.
Jio MNP: Steps To Be Followed To Port Your Existing Sim To Reliance Jio Sim
- The user must send a text message to the current sim operator requesting to port out.
- Send a text message to the number 1900
- The user will receive a unique port code from your current operator’s number 1901 within 15 days.
- Find out the nearby Reliance store or retailer who sells Jio sim and fill out the porting code in the filled application form.
- Submit address proof, proof of identity and one recent photograph to issue a Reliance Jio sim.
- After the new Jio sim is activated, the user can use the same number thereby deactivating the old sim.
Reliance Jio sim may take up to 7 days to activate and Rs. 19 fee will be charged. The user need not panic if their number is dead for 2 hours before activation.
Don’t Miss: Reliance LYF Mobile Service Center Details.
If the sim shows ‘no service’ then the user can insert their new Reliance Jio sim. The user cannot port back to their old operator for at least 90 days. Ambani requests mobile operators to encourage migrating to Jio.
Jio MNP: Solutions For Problems Faced While Porting To Reliance Jio
At the moment, the demand is very high for Jio sim and the activation period can take anytime up to 20 days in some cities.
Here are few problems users might encounter while switching to Jio Sim and how it can be avoided:
- The nearby Jio store isn’t crowded like many other stores.
- Visiting the Jio store at lunch hours or other odd hours to activate the sim can make the process hassle-free.
- Ensure that Jio 4G network is available in your area before shifting to Jio sim. The user can’t shift to any other operator or even to their old operator for the next 90 days.
- Ensure the steps mentioned above are completed carefully to avoid Jio activation problems.
- After porting, ensure that the Jio network signal is shown.
Ambani made it clear at the AGM Meet that around 5 Crore call failures happened in Jio in a week’s time because the competitors were deliberately dropping calls.
This shows that the competitor telecom operators were trying to create a poor experience for Jio customers.