How To Activate & Use Jio Sim In All Windows Phone / Lumia Mobile
Reliance’s Jio sim is available for all android and iOS device users through the MyJio App. Due to this, Windows OS users were not able to generate Reliance Jio welcome offer codes nor could they buy a new sim from nearby stores.
Trending Now: Jio MNP, How To Port Your Number To Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio works only with VoLTE enabled mobile devices which are a major drawback for many users. The prerequisite for a Jio sim is having a 4G Smartphone.
Many Windows phone fall into the 2G and 3G category due to which they are barred from unlimited data and calling services. For a Windows user, it’s a must to generate a Jio Welcome code offer.
How to Get Jio Sim For Windows Phone:
Here’s how you can do it:
- Borrow 3G or 4G android or iOS mobile device from friend or family.
- Generate barcode from that 3G or 4G mobile.
- Submit the documents with the generated barcode.
- Tele-verification process must be completed to activate the sim.
Trick, How to Get Jio Sim For Lumia Phone:
In case, you don’t own any android or iOS device, follow this trick to generate the barcode on supported Windows devices.
1. Install MyJio App in Bluestacks on your desktop. Use the IMEI changer to change the IMEI of Bluestacks.
2. Switch off the Wi-Fi or Cellular data on Bluestacks
3. Open MyJio App on Bluestacks and select the option, Get Jio Sim
4. Generate the barcode and take the screenshot of the barcode and transfer it to your Lumia phone.
5. Once the barcode is generated, submit the required documents at the nearest Jio Store and get the Jio sim.
6. Complete the Tele verification process and activate the sim with Jio Welcome Offer on your Lumia phone.
Remember that Windows device users can only avail unlimited data services.
How To Use Jio Sim In Windows Phone:
Though it is clear that Reliance Jio sim does not work in Windows phone due to unavailability of apps in Windows Store, there are always exceptions and tricks that make it possible.
Some Windows phone with VoLTE support respond after changing a few internet settings. This can be tried on any Windows 4G phone and is not risky.
Steps To Set Jio Sim APN Internet Settings For Windows Phone:
1. Go to App List and select Setting. In Settings, select Cellular + SIM. In Sim Settings, select Add Internet APN
2. If you own a dual sim phone, then choose the sim slot that supports Data connection. Type the following parameters for the new APN
3. APN: Jionet
4. IP Type: IPv4
5. Leave remaining parameters empty and select save.
6. After inserting the sim, enable the Data Connection for the sim.
7. Select Network Mode as 3G /4G data or Enable Highest Connection Speed that is available in your Windows Device.
Restart the mobile device to enjoy the activated unlimited Internet services.
FAQ For Jio Sim In Windows Phone
Does Jio Officially Support Windows Phone?
Reliance Jio Apps are not available for Windows phone, hence the user will not be able to track Voice and Data usage. As per the norms of Jio sim, it works on all 4G Smartphones.
List of Windows Phone & Lumia Phones That Will Work With Reliance Jio Sim?
Reliance Jio works on a few Windows Lumia phones. Since Microsoft has not activated VoLTE for Indian Lumia phones, users will not be able to avail free voice calling.
They are listed below:
1. Lumia 950 / 950 XL
2. Lumia 640 / 640 XL LTE
3. Lumia 550
4. Lumia 735
5. Lumia 830
Can I Use Jio4GVoice App & MyJio App In Windows Phone?
The App Jio4GVoice is not available in Windows store. Hence, it cannot be used in Windows phone.
If the user owns a 4G Smartphone with VoLTE support, free calls can be made from the Windows phone default dialer. Similarly, MyJio App is not available in Windows Store.
What’s the Duration Of Availability Of Reliance Jio Welcome Offer?
The Jio Welcome Sim Offer was available until 31st December 2016, but Reliance has extended the offer till 31st March 2017.